Monday, March 25, 2013

New Things I Now Declare


Day 37: March 25th Monday
Scripture: Isaiah 42:5-9

Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people upon it and spirit to those who walk in it: I am the Lord, I have called you in righteousness, I have taken you by the hand and kept you; I have given you as a covenant to the people, a light to the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. I am the Lord, that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to idols. See, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth, I tell you of them.

Sit quietly.  Read the scripture. Read it again.  Read it a third time. 
What do you hear?  What has God done for you?  What has God given us to do?
Ask God what he has given you to do.  Ask God where he is calling you, where he is leading you.   Throughout the day keep asking God. 
Say “God, where are you leading?  I will follow.  God, where are you leading? Show me the way to go.  What are you calling me to do?”
Throughout the day keep asking God.
At the end of the day do you see more clearly where God is calling you? Do you have a better sense of where God wants you to go? What God wants you to do?  What new thing is God going to do in your life? In the life of our church? Write about it.

In our print prayer journals we have a space for Notes, Ideas, Drawings, and Observations.  Feel free to keep your own journal.  Or share your ideas, prayers, and observations in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment