Monday, February 25, 2013

Pressing On to Know the Lord


Day 9: February 25th Monday
Scripture: Hosea 6:3 
“Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord; his appearing is as sure as the dawn; he will come to us like the showers, like the spring rains that water the earth.”

Sit quietly.  Read the passage from the Prophet Hosea.  Ask God to guide your reading.
Read the passage again.  Consider:  How is God’s coming like spring rains that water the earth?
If God is the rain what are we?  Are our souls like earth ready to spring forth life?  What is the earth like with no rain?
Can you think of a season when it did not rain for a long period of time? What was that like?  How can we receive God like rain?
Pray: Gracious and loving God, I want to know you.  I want to know you inside and out.  I want you to come to me like the dawn.  I want you to water me like the spring rains water the earth.  God, make me ready to hear your word, make me ready to see your face, make me ready, God, to know you. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

In our print prayer journals we have a space for Notes, Ideas, Drawings, and Observations.  Feel free to keep your own journal.  Or share your ideas, prayers, and observations in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment